I think this is even more spectacular than the Burj Al-Arab hotel in Dubai. The difference is, this is merely in design, not standing yet.
Atkins Architecture Group, one of the world’s top design firms and the largest engineering consultancy in the UK recently won the first prize award for an international design competition with this entry, which in my view is the world’s most amazing hotel design:
Features in brief:
- Location: Songjiang, China
- Ultra modern facility co-existing amongst its natural environment.
- 400 bed resort hotel
- Stands two levels higher than the rock face
- 100m-deep quarry.
- Constructed within the natural elements of the water filled quarry
- The lowest level runs with the aquatic theme by housing a swimming pool
- Has extreme sports center for activities such as rock climbing and bungee jumping which will be cantilevered over the quarry and accessed by special lifts from the water.
- Curved wings of the main body of the guestrooms enclose a naturally lit internal atrium, which utilises the existing rock face with its waterfalls and green vegetation.