In the world of speed painting, D Westry stands tall.
Special operations forces are high-trained military units that are expected to carry out unusual and highly risky missions. A commando is a member of the aforementioned (or an elite light infantry).
Jose “Pepe” Mujica (born 20th May 1935) became the President of Uruguay in March 2010.
The following is surely among the most important matters that has ever been shared on social media. Dr Richard Teo (29 Feb 1972 – 18 Oct 2012) of Singapore was someone who seemingly had everything (health, wealth, social status etc). He was a cosmetic surgeon who became a millionaire in his 30s. Yet, everything changed in March 2011 when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Among things he mentioned in this 20-minute sharing of his life experiences:
- All my possessions: trophies, cars, my house etc didn’t bring me true happiness or comfort after my diagnosis – but rather interaction with my loved ones, friends, people who genuinely care about me, they laugh and cry with me, and they are able to identify the pain and suffering I was going through.
- Showing off my possessions (like my Ferrari 430) to my relatives & friends is not “sharing the joy”. All that does is to make them envious, even hatred. Showing them off just fills my own pride and ego.
- There is nothing wrong with being successful & rich. The only trouble is that a lot of us like myself couldn’t handle it, because when I start to accumulate, the more I have, the more I want. The more I wanted, the more obsessed I became, to the point that nothing else really mattered. Patients (or customers in general) were just a source of income, and I tried to squeeze every single cent out of these patients.
- Everyone knows that they are going to die, but the truth is that none of us believe it because if we did, we will do things differently. When I faced death, I stripped myself off all (non-important) stuff totally and I focused only on what is essential. The irony is that a lot of times, only when we learn how to die then we learn how to live.
- Donâ€™t let society tell you how to live. Donâ€™t let the media tell you what you’re supposed to do. You have to decide whether you want to serve yourself, whether you are going to make a difference in somebody else’s life. Because true happiness doesn’t come from serving yourself.
In early September 2012, International Space Station (ISS) astronaut Aki Hoshide (Japan) took the following photo of himself while being outside the ISS, while facing the earth.
What results is a spectacular image, where a reflection of the earth can be seen in his visor. The sun is also visible on the left.
Daily Mail (UK)
RC “The Buffalo Whisperer” Bridges, 63, a cowboy and horse trainer, and his wife Sherron, 39, of Texas, share their house with two buffaloes / bisons, Wildthing and Bullet.
Wildthing, 7 weighs 2,400 pounds – that’s more than 1,000 kg. Bullet, 3 is a more manageable 400kg.
They also have a pet wolf.
When it comes to pets you allow inside your house, has there been anything bigger?
The scary thing is, both animals are still growing. And yes, they can be very dangerous – their horns are sharp and 60cm (2 feet) long, and don’t even think of outrunning them – they can reach speeds of 40mph – faster than Usain Bolt!
But perhaps the scariest thing is that Wildthing was “best man” when the Bridges renewed their wedding vows in 2006, after having been married for all of 5 years: “he carried the rings on his horns and threw them off one at a time for us to catch.”
I think these guys blend in easily with rustic lighting fixtures.
Daily Mail (UK), 23 May 2012